Wataneya Society is a social enterprise that was founded in 2008 to create a future of equal opportunities for children and youth without parental care through innovative solutions to unify and certify all aspects of alternative care.
Wataneya Society is a social enterprise founded in 2008 to create a future of equal opportunities for children and youth without parental care through innovative solutions addressing all aspects of alternative care.
Alternative care is any arrangement formal or informal set for a child who is living away from his/her parents. There are 140 million children without parental care in the world (UNICEF, 2014). These children need proper alternative care.
We are a group of passionate, dedicated professionals, and advocates from different backgrounds collaboratively working together to improve the alternative care sector in Egypt in all its aspects such as orphanages, youth after care, and alternative family system (Kafala).
We develop quality standards for alternative care, provide consultation, deliver L&D programs, and generate and disseminate knowledge.
Wataneya’s projects and programs are driven from its long-term strategic objectives (2017-2023):
1. Empower institutional homes to apply and sustain the quality standards for alternative care
2. Qualify the caregivers to ensure quality of life for children without parental care
3. Empower orphaned youth economically and socially for successful transition to independence
4. Develop the alternative care monitoring and evaluation mechanisms to sustain quality of care
5. Advocate for children and youth empowerment and social inclusion
Throughout the past years, Wataneya has been working with different corporates to better serve children and youth without parental care through their corporate social responsibility by addressing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We provide:
Event Planning & Event Management
Staff Awareness & Engagement Program
Our proven successful track record is owed to our success partners such as PwC, Nahdet Misr, Nestle, Mars, Cold Stone, Coppermelt, Nola, Alex Bank, Giza Systmes, MBC Hope and Emaar