Adze Designs is pioneering the field of human-centered, science-guided functional space design in the region, focusing mainly on workplace design. We design offices based on psychology and ethnographic studies enmeshed in sound architectural practice
The Story of The Adze
When humans first harnessed the power of fire, they inadvertently created the first man-made “space”. But beyond the physical construction of the space, it also market the point where humans realized that certain functions could be housed within designated spaces, and that concept was precipitated from a mental construct to an actual ability to create to fulfill a need. This later spawned the entire field of architecture.
As the tools progressed and evolved, we came to know the Adze, a stone-age tool wielded by workers across history, and which came to play a role in many professions from the birth of civilization to its maturity such as ice chopping, woodworking and carpentry, shipbuilding, railroad laying, firefighting, sculpting, and demolition.
Workplace Design Approach
Adze Designs has formulated a unique approach to workplace design resting upon three foundational pillars:
- Human for which the space is being designed,- Organization for which the design is taking place,- Knowledge uncovered in the last 3 decades informing the practice of workplace design.
The functionality of the workplace lies at the crux of the intermingling and overlapping needs of these 3 parties. Our approach espouses a philosophy, not of compromise, but of synergy, promoting maximal collective output for all stakeholders involved.
- Human autonomy: Considering the best seating profile for each persona. i.e. desk size, chair style for different working postures, lighting, acoustics etc.
- Human - Human Interaction: Designing the furniture grouping strategy to match the desired way of interaction differently among each team.
-Team - Team Interaction: Considering the location and proximity of each space in a way that support the workflow and internal dynamics. This will be manifested in the zoning and circulation strategy.
- Organisation - Space Interaction: Designing the visual experience of the space users to to attain the needed impact of effective values and brand.
- Space - Surrounding Interaction: Considering space relation with the outer surroundings in terms of natural lighting, ventilation, location, and surrounding amenities
- Office Buildings Architecture Design: we help real-estate developers to design office buildings that add value to any potential tenant. Moreover we ensure providing designs that are flexible enough to be resilient to major changes in work styles and different business industries.
- Workplace Design & Supervision: for entities which are relocating into new premises
- Visual Experience Design: suitable for workplaces that are lacking a true visual experience that manifests the essence of organization's culture and business's brand.
- Layout Planning: mainly for tech-companies that transforming towards agile management. Also for entities that suffer from non-alignment between the work dynamics and interaction between different department, and their layout arrangement. - Co-working Spaces Design: we help co-working spaces chains to deliver a diversity in workspaces and a better working experience for their customers.